Many of our overseas clients plan long term trips in Europe – anything from two months to a year and there is absolutely no reason to not come to Europe for an extended vacation. With so much to see and do in France alone, even a trip of several years might not allow you enough time to see everything Europe has to offer!
We are frequently asked if it is feasible to own a motorhome in Europe for the duration of a longer term trip but we firmly believe that renting one of our late model, professionally prepared motorhomes offer greater peace of mind over an extended trip (but to understand the alternatives, have a look at our sale/buyback notes).
France Motorhome Hire offer special all inclusive rental rates for longer term hire visitors to France. Our vehicles are particularly well equipped and our prices include all the equipment you will need for your trip as well as a great support network for total peace of mind.
We understand just how much effort and planning goes into a long adventure away from home and aim to make at least one element of your trip exactly what you would hope it to be. We hope to have already thought of everything you will need for the duration of your motorhome trip so you can just relax and concentrate on planning where to go.
Our English speaking office team are always at the other end of the phone so you can call for advice at any time before or during your trip. Our chosen motorhome suppliers (all of our vehicles are new or nearly new) have a well developed network of dealerships across Europe so in the unlikely event that you have problems with your motorhome, you are never far away from someone who can help. If you have an accident or breakdown and have to be recovered from the roadside, we include roadside assistance insurance from Mondial Assistance with a 24 hour English speaking helpline. They will even come to your aid if you have a flat tyre.
France Motorhome Hire have helped many clients take extended motorhome trips so we know what ingredients are needed to make a trip successful and stress free. Hence, we have devised a package specifically aimed at the longer term hirer which offers the following features:
- Our long term hire motorhomes come from our regular fleet – they are all late model, low mileage vehicles which are maintained to immaculate standards – we won’t send you off on your trip with an older or lower specification motorhome just because you are going for more than a few weeks!
- Our vehicles are fully comprehensively insured for damage (subject to our standard hire terms and all have Europe wide breakdown cover including passenger repatriation. There is no restriction on how long you can hire for and the insurance is valid in any European country.
- Because it is a professional hire vehicle with all the correct papers, there are no restrictions on which countries you may visit within Europe, no potential tax or paperwork issues to deal with at border crossings and no concerns over the validity of the insurance cover.
- Since all of our fleet are current models from a major European manufacturer, routine servicing can be carried out by any suitably qualified service agent anywhere in Europe – we always try to avoid you having to take a vehicle for maintenance during your hire period but at least if it is absolutely essential, the time spent can be kept to a minimum and France Motorhome Hire will pay the bill.
- It is always easier to find spare parts for a current model – so any unforeseen repairs needed during your trip should be dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- We provide a high level of equipment (bedding, linen, towels, crockery, cooking utensils etc) with enough spare linen to allow you change the beds and towels frequently without having to do the laundry on the same day (which can be a challenge if constantly on the move).
- Every one of our vehicles has a full set of good quality outdoor furniture onboard.
- Anyone in the party (aged 25 to 70 years) with a valid licence can drive the motorhome so longer distances can become a shared task.
In addition, we offer specific payment terms for longer term hirers including:
- Special rates for 30 to 60, 61 to 120 and 120+ days hires
- Staged payment plans for initial deposit and balance payments if you are booking a long way in advance.
- No charge for additional drivers
- Great value deals for optional add-ons such as bike hire and GPS
If you are still not sure, we will happily put you directly in touch with former clients who have taken longer trips with us – hopefully their experiences will help you decide which path to follow!