We don’t know much about the 105th Tour yet but we do know where it begins and that it will run from Saturday 30th June 2018 to Sunday 22nd July. We are assuming it will continue with the traditional finish location in Paris but we will know more in October of this year when the route is revealed.
The 2018 Tour will start in La Pays de la Loire region on the west coast of France. Stage one will start on the island of Noirmoutier, cross the infamous Passage du Gois and follow the twisting Vendée coastline, finishing in Fontenay-le-Comte.
As we have each year since 2012, we at France Motorhome Hire, in deference to our loyal and fanatical Tour followers new and old, are reserving our entire fleet for the Tour package in 2018. See our top tips for following the Tour de France in a campervan.
We have devised a package for the 2018 Tour that allows time to get to Noirmoutier for the start and get in position. The start will be about a six hour drive from our depot but we are allowing an extra day to get there and establish yourselves because as the island will be totally oversubscribed (much as The Mont-St-Michel was in 2016).
If you can start your hire even earlier than our Tour package, we would be happy to extend your hire to give you more time to recce the start area and find somewhere good to watch. If you would like to start your trip earlier, just let us know when you’d like to pick up and we will send you a quotation.
For our standard packages, we are offering two options of slightly differing duration and six types of vehicle for the 2018 Tour. Both options start on the same day (to allow time to get to the start) but the decision to keep the vehicle for the anticipated Paris finish on Sunday 22nd July (and return it on Monday 23rd) or return it on Saturday 21st July before heading back to the capital to see the final day will be yours.
Having listened to client feedback over recent years, we know what makes a trip following The Tour successful and have devised a package specifically aimed at those who want to get as close to the action as possible. Everyone has seen the iconic images of lines of motorhomes parked right alongside the road on every stage of the route and with careful planning it is possible to see a good many of the stages.
All hires start with pick up from our depot near the town of Sens (an easy journey from Paris, trains depart hourly and the fastest trains take just 56 mins) and allow plenty of time to take possession of your vehicle, head to a supermarket for supplies then head west for the start.
Our young fleet of motorhomes and campervans are already equipped with everything you need for a successful motorhome trip and for the 2018 Tour, our package prices include the following essentials in addition to all the features and equipment usually found on our vehicles.
- Two “hybrid” bicycles which can be carried on the bike rack supplied on all our vehicles for easy access to the stages and start/finish location. Parking is often at a premium near the stage start/finish towns so be prepared to park some way outside town and cycle or walk in.
- Free GPS hire – an essential tool for finding locations along the route.
- 5000 kms included mileage – enough to follow the race and plenty of additional side trips if you wish.
- Transfers to and from our local train station at the start and finish of your hire or free car parking for the duration of your trip if you arrive by car.
- Special payment terms: just 15 % booking deposit with a further 15% payable by 1st October 2017 and the final balance payable by 1st May 2018.
Needless to say if you want to bring your own bikes you are very welcome to as all of our vehicles are equipped with bike racks that carry two bikes (standard and prestige Voyager models carry four bikes).
Tour de France 2018 special package tariff
Option One (23 nights):
Pick up in the afternoon of Thursday 28th June – Drop off on the morning of Saturday 21st July.
This allows time to collect your vehicle, shop for supplies, head to the coast and be in position by Friday lunchtime before Le Tour start on Saturday 30th June (you can add more days before the start if you want to be in position earlier). Returning on Saturday 21st July, before the anticipated Paris finish on Sunday 22nd July.
- Euro-Traveller Campervan (for one or two people) €3989
- Euro Traveller Prestige Campervan (for one or two people) €4679
- Euro-Explorer Compact Prestige Motorhome (for one or two people) €5089
- Euro-Explorer Motorhome (for one or two people) €4449
- Euro-Explorer Motorhome (for three or four people) €4719
- Euro-Voyager Motorhome (for up to four people) €4969
- Euro-Voyager Motorhome (for five or six people) €5159
- Euro-Voyager Prestige Motorhome (for up to four people) €5689
- Euro-Voyager Prestige Motorhome (for five or six people) €5899
Option Two (25 nights):
Pick up in the afternoon of Thursday 28th June – Drop off on the morning of Monday 23rd July.
This allows time to collect your vehicle, shop for supplies, head to the coast and be in position by Friday lunchtime before Le Tour start on Saturday 30th June (you can add more days before the start if you want to be in position earlier). Returning on Monday 23rd July after the anticipated Paris finish on Sunday 22nd July.
- Euro-Traveller Campervan (for one or two people) €4459
- Euro Traveller Prestige Campervan (for one or two people) €5099
- Euro-Explorer Compact Prestige Motorhome (for one or two people) €5549
- Euro-Explorer Motorhome (for one or two people) €4849
- Euro-Explorer Motorhome (for three or four people) €5149
- Euro-Voyager Motorhome (for up to four people) €5419
- Euro-Voyager Motorhome (for five or six people) €5619
- Euro-Voyager Prestige Motorhome (for up to four people) €6199
- Euro-Voyager Prestige Motorhome (for five or six people) €6439
Don’t forget, extensions are possible so if you would like to spend time in France or Europe before or after following The Tour, don’t hesitate to give us your dates and ask for a quotation.Offer terms and conditions:
The offer only applies to new bookings made after 2nd June 2017 and is made subject to the availability of vehicles to hire.
The offer is not available in conjunction with any discounted rate or other offer made by France Motorhome Hire/ SARL Direction France.
Bookings are subject to our usual terms & conditions of hire with any exceptions to those terms noted below (our usual terms & conditions are available on request or at: http://www.francemotorhomehire.com/rental/terms-conditions/ )
In order to allow for the fact that most bookings will be made well in advance of the final route being announced, the exact dates (and therefore package) offered could be subject to minor changes when the route is officially published.
Instead of the regular level of security deposit (€2600) a higher security deposit of €3000 will be taken against each vehicle hired (this sum is authorised but not debited from your card account and returned pending return of your hire vehicle in the condition in which you collected it).
France Motorhome Hire/SARL Direction France do not organise any part of the trip other than the hire of the vehicle and package of inclusions as stated in this offer. Route planning, campsite reservations and all other arrangements are to be made by the hirer.
We specialise in hire for visitors arriving from overseas so our vehicles are particularly well equipped and ready to use. Unlike most hire companies in France, our prices include:
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Roadside breakdown insurance
- Bike rack
- Good quality outdoor furniture
- Bedding, bed linen & towels
- Washing line and pegs
- Kitchen kit (cooking utensils, cutlery, crockery, kettle, cafetiere)
- Gas bottle
- Toilet chemical starter pack
- Road safety equipment
- User manual
- French campsite guides, membership of “France Passion” (see: www.france-passion.com)
- Water hose
- Levelling blocks
- Electric cord/European adapter
- Broom/Dustpan & brush
If you want to follow The Tour route in a motorhome and ride some of the best stages of the 2018 route (on your bikes or ours), before or after the live Tour dates, we’d be happy to offer you this package too (at the applicable seasonal rate which will be lower in any month other than July and really low if you come between October and April).
To book your 2018 Tour Package just send us an e-mail to let us know which package and vehicle you’d like and we will check availability and send you a booking link straight away. DO IT NOW BEFORE THEY ARE ALL BOOKED!: firstname.lastname@example.org